Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Quick Tip Tuesday

So, I've been meaning to share little tips to crafting, and I planned to name the series "Quick tip Mondays." Well, it's not Monday, but I decided I like the name better with Tuesday anyway. :)

So, here it is, let me know if its useful (I do so ever like to be useful).


Ever spill seed beads while working on a project? It's a pain, right?

Not so much, with a dash of epiphany.

The lint roller trick


You know those clothes rollers you use to get rid of lint and fuzzies, the ones that are essentially layers of tape? Surprise, they are multi-purpose! And cheap -- I get mine at IKEA for a dollar. In absence of a lint roller, a layer of masking tape wrapped around your fingers will work pretty similarly.

All you need to do is sweep your beads into one spot, roll the roller over the pile until they are picked up, and (slowly and carefully) peel the layer of tape off.

The best part of this quick trick is you can bead straight off the tape! No more chasing those buggers around with your needle or wire.


So much neater than a mess.

Gold star to whomever has spilled the most beads. Feel free to share stories, they will lift my spirits. 

1 comment:

  1. I have this friend who spilled the beads all over her computer and now her laptop rattles. How many stars for that story? ;)

    ReplyDelete