Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Bookish

So cliche! A writer who loves books. But I truly, truly do. The past couple of months of my internship have been a bogged down by fighting through Internet marketing. I motivated myself by telling myself it was a good thing to learn, that I was getting all sorts of valuable experience in search engine optimization, building inlinks and outlinks and sidelinks, learning about Internet searching and all sorts of three-letter acronyms about all things Internet. And it is valuable to know. And it's valuable to know that it is very hard to motivate myself to do it.

However, now I have a book. And the work I'm doing with it is probably the most dull version of editing. I'm type-setting and formatting more than editing, but I love it. I love being among words, I love the rhythm  of it, and I love soaking up the information this book has to offer in and amongst the alien translations Word did.

I guess it helps to know your passions, and know how well you can do your job when its something you're passionate about. And how to do your job and motivate yourself when it's something that doesn't exactly light your fire.

Gold Star to the lexophiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment