Saturday, February 18, 2012

Where stories go to die


Yes, I am very guilty of immortalizing my bad stories with the Sims. You know how sometimes you just get a really clear vision of a character, and you feel the need to memorialize it with its digital twin? No?

Well, I do. Because usually the characters I feel compelled to do so with are the ones from flailing stories, who may have been great characters in my mind, but whose stories were, after several weeks of daydreaming lost trying to revitalize the story, still stunk for whatever reason. 

Well, I cant just abandon them because they're in a cliche/predictable/lacking in emotional fodder situation. But unfortunately, the ones that make it to the Sims usually don't come out. Once I place them on a lot, they're done. 

Actually, the characters of my favorite stories are the ones I don't necessarily envision super clearly. Physically, at least. Huh. 

And then there's the literary recreation Sims, but I won't go into that aspect of my geekitude. 

Gold Star to the re-creators of their favorite books via Sims.

No comments:

Post a Comment