Sunday, September 18, 2011

Things that inspire me...

My car

Perhaps an odd thing, to be inspired by a '95 Buick LeSabre, but I love it.

Mainly because I love things with unexpected character, which my Pearl possesses in abundance.

Firstly, she is a complete and total granny car, white exterior, a very thoroughly blue leather and faux-wood paneling interior, it even came with a box of Kleenex. Also, the height of nineties luxury. Not only does my car have passenger heat control and motorized seats, it has the most awesome cassette player I have ever seen. It can skip through songs and flip sides automatically. No discman I ever had could do that.

But asides from her physical character, I think my favorite thing about my car is that one day, After packing her trunk to the brim, some wire to the trailer hitch got disconnected. The result is that the back-left blinker didn't work. Instead my clock blinked. Only when I had my foot on the break. When I didn't, all was normal, as it was once my dad reconnected the wire.

Character. TBS has it right.

Gold star to anyone who drives a granny car.

No comments:

Post a Comment