Sunday, January 29, 2012

CCS (not an obscure coding language)

One of the downfalls of working from home is that, if my day job doesn't me out of the house, after a few days in my PJ's, I run the risk of CCS -- Cave Creature Syndrome. Symptoms of CCS include: sluggishness, lack of showering for 48 hours, inability to get out of bed, drop in productivity, excess Facebook usage, deterioration of communication skills to grunts and whistles, and finding pretzel crumbs in your bed.

Its a slippery slope, folks. Once you realize you are a cave creature, you've usually been there for at least a day. And once you admit your problem, you still don't want to get out of bed.

Well, here's my proven 5-step program to get human (and therefore, productive) again.

1. Do physical activity. Run, do Wii Fit, have a crazy 10-minute dance party, do jumping jacks, or whatever wakes yourself up.

2. Take a shower. Never underestimate the shower as a goad for productivity. When I pulled all-nighters in college, I'd take a shower at 1-2 am to wake myself up.

3. Put on cute underwear. It just helps.

4. Grab a cup of coffee or tea.

5. Make a list of things to get done that day and use your newfound wakefulness to stick to it.

Gold Star to all the sufferers fighting CCS.

No comments:

Post a Comment