Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year, newly uncovered workspace

So, there really isn't anything new about this space (except I finally put knobs on my dresser), but this is the first time the area has been fit for visual consumption. It's still a bit cluttered, but cluttered with things I love and which put me in a good, creative mood. So welcome to where I work -- meaning the little nook in my bedroom (when I can get my lazy bum out of my covers).


Good lighting is key. (And I absolutely love my Home Depot half-off chandelier!)


My projects board -- which has been sitting on the floor for months. But now it's up, and all my little design inspirations and doodles categorized (via the rainbow labels). Yes, a line of shoe pictures counts as a design inspiration. 


My dresser (with my awesome Vietnamese eggshell mosaic painting and picture of my Great-Grandma in India). 


In case I get down, I have all these lovely messages from my loved ones lining the window in my space. 


The top drawer of my dresser got taken over by fabric...


and on the other wall of my little nook, more craft supplies! And all my geeky tchotches. Like a pikman, Batman, and various penguin-related things. 


The desk as a whole (my sewing machine would normally be dominating the right half, but it's at the doctor's right now :( ) All my sewing books and magazines are on the right. Yes, that orange thing is a Nerf dart.


A close-up of some of my very favorite things. Yup, crayons and Post-its. Also, my antique drawing model, wearing my original clock necklace from Tibet. Which you can't really see.  


The handy-dandy lower shelf of the desk, and my tucked-away typewriter (it's baby blue. I loves it very much, even though it doesn't have any usable ribbon). This is where I keep all my actual job-related books. And more darts. My brother got a Nerf gun for Christmas. He's 20, FYI. 


And finally, my method of organizing projects. Throw it in the bin. It actually works pretty well. The urge to empty the bin is strong. 

Gold Star to all who can find the two shoe-related inspirations in my workspace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment