Friday, November 18, 2011

The library of used classics

It was around my sophomore year of college I realized that I had a sorely deficient knowledge of "the classics." For a lit minor, this seemed inexcusable. So, around then I started hoarding used classics. Wherever I could find them for a few dollars, I began collecting.



This is the result. 

And, after three years of college, I have not read any of them. Now, I am not ashamed of that. I was a very busy person in college, and what free time I had was spent decompressing (I didn't even read many books for pleasure, let alone to stimulate my brain cells and increase my literary knowledge). However, now that the pile is unpacked, it just looks me in the face with shame.

So, I am going to start the Used Classics Project! I am going to attempt to read one per week (in addition to any pleasure reading I do).  And I will post my successes here. We'll see where this goes :)

Gold Star to the used bookstore trolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment