Thursday, November 10, 2011

My newest motivational tool

Giant maps!

Because, while I like writing and would probably do it in some form even if I wasn't getting paid, it also pays the bills. Or rather, my student loan, since I live with my parents and have no bills. And after a year of working from home I have discovered this factor can be lost, making motivation difficult. So as a reminder, I made giant maps to remind me of all the places I would like to go, given I have the money and have paid off my loan.

They now take up a large chunk of space next to my door, reminding me of what could happen if I work.

The huge one is of Europe, roughly color coded in a way that would make sense for say, an epic backpacking adventure. Follow the rainbow!


And the small one is of a more likely trip in my near future, seeing as my former roommate may very well be living in Korea this spring. And since Korea is so close to Japan, I may as well make use of that big cross-pacific flight....


As I go along, I plan to stick pictures on these maps and note prices of things with Post-Its. Procrastination as motivation is always the best kind. Also, the Canon camera I want so I can take magnificent photos of my travels. Which, I've discovered, was pretty much the only time I took pictures before I got this blog. 


Gold Star to all the people who know it is technically correct to start a sentence with a conjunction, as long as it is the appropriate clause type. No matter what your English teachers said in high school, not doing this is a convention, not a rule.

2 comments:

  1. 1. you have not worked from home for a full year, it's been about 3 months.
    2. I want to go to Korea with you to visit Em. then you guys can show me all around. :)
    3. no 'former roommates' allowed: we are always roommates. otherwise it's too sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Hahaha PP is right
    2. Please visit!
    3. AGREE. I call you my roommate all the time. (Seriously, people who keep track probably think I live in a house where me and 10 other people sew, bake and watch Grey's all the time.) I expect the same courtesy.

    ReplyDelete