Saturday, December 17, 2011

eBay

So, since buying my camera (okay, since I started stalking around for cheap shoes) I've been rather more fond of eBay. But one thing befuddles me. I am not quite sure I like the "buy it now" feature. Granted, that's how I got my camera, but still...

It takes away all the excitement of eBay. If we want a bland, comfortable shopping experience we go to amazon or store websites. There's plenty online to keep us well entertained. I also feel like it robs me of the chance to work for a lower price. Because I'm willing to work for cheap shoes. I will glue myself to the monitor for the last hour of bidding to get them at ridiculous bargains. And honestly, buy-it-nows aren't often that bargain-y. The best are like  40 percent off. Most are like 20 dollars off (of 140 dollar shoes -- a whole 10 percent-ish off -- whoo) But when you're broke, 40 percent off name brand shoes is still too expensive. If I wanted a sale, I'd go to the store where I could try the shoes on and make sure I was at least getting a good fit and comfort level.

eBay, I go to you for ridiculous bargains. What ones you have are now buried under piles of these silly buy-it-nows. I understand wading through ugly shoes and stripper heels to find my gems, I do not understand finding cute shoes that I have been denied the opportunity to earn for cheap.This makes me unhappy.

Also, y'all need to check the superlatives on your site. What does "highest heel" mean? And why would it be on eBay looking like a normal stripper heel, not something in a couture museum, made eternally famous for breaking a famous model's ankle?

And is there some cultural thing I'm not aware of, or do people -- selling shoes, mind you -- really not know the difference between an oxford and a loafer? btdubs, Tom's slip-ons are neither. Them being philanthropic does not excuse ignorance.

And this post ended up being about shoes -- oh well. A discussion under a friend's "see the top people in your friends list, here's their role in your Christmas" facebook deal concluded I would either be creeping Santa out with the "Santa baby" song or going through his bag for shoes.

Gold Star to everyone getting shoes from Santa. Wait, I mean, what shoes? I totally don't know anything about what I'm getting for Christmas ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment