Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Wearing my projects

So, I make all this stuff, get creative, sew and all that. Well here it is, released into the wilds.

Along with my brand new, very favorite Christmas boots :).



Tee -- Old Navy a la this
Skirt -- homemade
Cardigan -- Wet Seal
The infamous clock necklace -- F21
Leggings -- no idea. 
BOOTS -- Modcloth (even though they are blocked...)

So, what do you think? I've hesitated to post outfit photos on here, seeing as I don't really want this to be a style blog -- however, I do consider my style a big part of my creativity. I want it to be a working creatively and playing creatively type blog (especially if I'm inventing this type -- but the Internet is such a large place, I'm sure I'm not the first). However, I love reading style blogs, and I love looking at my closet and taking treasured pieces and making complements to them. And to me, style is so much about creativity, my overarching theme. Especially since I'm dealing with free time, I'm finding a lot more enjoyment in selecting outfits and putting together looks. 

But would that make this blog too schizophrenic --ie. in too many directions?  Feel free to give input! Heaven forbid I put too many hens in one basket. I know that metaphor is slightly off. Forgive me, it's late. 

I would, of course, take better pictures than these. 

So what do you think? Feel free to include any discussion or advice.

Gold Star to the holly hobbies out there (the good kind, not the derisively-alluded Tim Gunn-ism). 

1 comment:

  1. Tim Gunn = win

    Occasional outfits would be fun. I do that and mine is not about style at all. Plus making your blog schizophrenic would enable readers who don't receive your voicemails to share in that joy.

    ReplyDelete