Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Sweater Project

I'm into big, overarching projects. However, the ones that actually work are the inadvertent ones. I didn't even realize \ I had a ton of recon'ed sweaters until I just started pulling them out of my closet! If you want any advice or how-to's for any of these, leave a holla in the comments :)


Tied duster-style cardigan a la Grosgrain Fabulous. If you want to recreate, her tutorial is great, but I recommend stay-taping the edges before sewing any trim on. While mine stretched out to form a lovely soft collar, that was pure luck. 


detail of the edging.


A copped cardigan from a crew neck sweater! Keep checking for info on how I used the rest of the sweater ;)


Yes indeed, it's polka dots. And my first attempt at adding on a peter pan collar (which needs to be ironed). 


Make a sweatshirt into a cardigan! It's super cozy.


And missing a few buttons -- when I dig them up, I'll add them. But I rather like the little "v" formed without them...


Large sweater = sweater tunic dress. I took it in, and replaced some weird rainbow stuff in the channels with cream ribbon




And bows :)


Embellished blazer (I love cream and black!)


I found this puffball piping. And love it. I made the brooch out of leftover lace and button. 


Pocket detail.


Cardigan A




Cardigan B



I love Target's cardigans, but they usually need something like grosgrain ribbon to reinforce the fabric behind the buttons or they pull. Fine by me if that means I get a bit of color. 

All sweaters were thrifted, except the sweatshirt (Wal-Mart) and two cardigans at the end (Target)

Gold Star to those who love realizing they've been far more productive than they thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment